A high-resolution downloadable scan of an sepia photograph by Bray & Son (Holmfirth) of the 1923 Burnlee A.F.C. team.
In what was a common practice at the time by photographers, the photograph was touched up to make the handles of the trophy stand out more clearly.
The photograph was scanned at 2,400 dots per inch (DPI), giving a final image with dimensions of 12,890 by 7,975 pixels. Minor blemishes were sympathetically restored using Adobe Photoshop.
Once purchased, you will have access to the following files to download:
- JPEG large image (62MB) 16 bit colour (full size)
- JPEG medium image (14MB) 16 bit colour (resized to 50%)
- JPEG small image (3MB) 16 bit colour (resized to 25%)
All JPEG images were saved with 3% compression to ensure minimal loss of quality. The files are stored in a ZIP archive to ensure that they download without error.
The downloadable files are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) licence. You may make use of the downloaded files for any non-commercial purpose permitted by the licence, e.g.:
- You may print off an unlimited number of copies of the downloaded items, but you may not sell these or in any other way profit from them.
- You can upload any of the files to your own non-commercial web site and make them freely available but you must provide suitable attribution (e.g. a web link back to the Huddersfield Exposed web site home page).
Allowable non-commercial purposes include private use, display at a free exhibition, a personal web site that does not generate income, and educational use. Prohibited commercial uses include uploading to a commercial web site and inclusion in non-free publications (such as a published book).
By ordering this item, you are agreeing to the above licensing conditions. If you have any questions relating to allowable use, please email email@example.com before placing an order.
The following sample shows the quality and level of detail of the full-sized image.