A high-resolution downloadable scan of a photograph of the second Hall Bower Chapel and School, which was erected in 1879 and replaced an earlier building on the same site.
The date of the original photograph is unknown and the scan here is of a later reproduction on textured photographic paper. The sample below gives an indication of the texturing.
The photograph was scanned at 2,400 dots per inch (DPI), giving a final image with dimensions of 13,301 by 8,364 pixels. Several minor blemishes were sympathetically restored using Adobe Photoshop.
Once purchased, you will have access to the following files to download:
- JPEG image (64MB) 16 bit colour (full size)
- JPEG image (15MB) 16 bit colour (resized to 50%)
- JPEG image (4MB) 16 bit colour (resized to 25%)
All JPEG images were saved with 3% compression to ensure minimal loss of quality. The files are stored in a ZIP archive to ensure that they download without error.
The downloadable files are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) licence. You may make use of the downloaded files for any non-commercial purpose permitted by the licence, e.g.:
- You may print off an unlimited number of copies of the downloaded items, but you may not sell these or in any other way profit from them.
- You can upload any of the files to your own non-commercial web site and make them freely available but you must provide suitable attribution (e.g. a web link back to the Huddersfield Exposed web site home page).
Allowable non-commercial purposes include private use, display at a free exhibition, a personal web site that does not generate income, and educational use. Prohibited commercial uses include uploading to a commercial web site and inclusion in non-free publications (such as a published book).
By ordering this item, you are agreeing to the above licensing conditions. If you have any questions relating to allowable use, please email email@example.com before placing an order.
The following sample shows the quality and level of detail of the full-sized image.