A download PDF version of the 1900 “Huddersfield & District Postal Directory“, published by the Huddersfield Daily Chronicle Steam Printing Works.
The 606 page black & white PDF was prepared from an original copy of book and the text is fully searchable.
The directory contains:
- A to Z street index with house numbers and the name of the head of the household (293 pages)
- A to Z listing of individuals (approx 90 pages)
- trade directory (approx 60 pages)
- miscellaneous information and advertisements (approx 160 pages)
Once purchased, you will receive an email with a link to download the PDF.
Please note that this book can also be read online for free. However, if you would like to show your support for the Huddersfield Exposed web site and enable us to continue digitising historic material, all of the income will be used to help secure more items. Whenever possible, the items will then be donated to one of the local public archives so that they are preserved for future generations.
This item is also part of the following discounted bundles:
The downloadable PDF files for this item are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) licence. You may make use of the downloaded files for any non-commercial purpose permitted by the licence, e.g.:
- You may print off an unlimited number of copies of the downloaded PDF, but you may not sell these or in any other way profit from them.
- You can upload any of the files to your own non-commercial web site and make them freely available but you must provide suitable attribution (e.g. a web link back to the Huddersfield Exposed web site home page).
Allowable non-commercial purposes include private use, a personal or charitable web site that does not generate income, and educational use. Prohibited commercial uses include uploading to a commercial web site (including Facebook) and inclusion in non-free publications (such as a published book).
By ordering this item, you are agreeing to the above licensing conditions. If you have any questions relating to allowable use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before placing an order.
A sample PDF which includes the index of streets can be downloaded here if you’d like to “try before you buy”.