A download PDF version of the 1900 “Huddersfield & District Postal Directory“, published by the Huddersfield Daily Chronicle Steam Printing Works.
The 606 page black & white PDF was prepared from an original copy of book and the text is fully searchable.
The directory contains:
- A to Z street index with house numbers and the name of the head of the household (293 pages)
- A to Z listing of individuals (approx 90 pages)
- trade directory (approx 60 pages)
- miscellaneous information and advertisements (approx 160 pages)
Once purchased, you will receive an email with a link to download a ZIP file (56MB) containing the PDF.
If you would like to check if a name appears in the directory, you can search and view page snippets online.
The downloadable PDF files for this item are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) licence. You may make use of the downloaded files for any non-commercial purpose permitted by the licence, e.g.:
- You may print off an unlimited number of copies of the downloaded PDF, but you may not sell these or in any other way profit from them.
- You can upload any of the files to your own non-commercial web site and make them freely available but you must provide suitable attribution (e.g. a web link back to the Huddersfield Exposed web site home page).
Allowable non-commercial purposes include private use, a personal web site that does not generate income, and educational use. Prohibited commercial uses include uploading to a commercial web site and inclusion in non-free publications (such as a published book).
By ordering this item, you are agreeing to the above licensing conditions. If you have any questions relating to allowable use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before placing an order.
A sample PDF which includes the index of streets can be downloaded here if you’d like to “try before you buy”.