A downloadable version of the coloured Ordnance Survey 1908 Yorkshire Sheet CCLX N.W. which covers:
- Beaumont Park, Blackmoorfoot, Bolster Moor (partial), Crosland Hill, Crosland Moor, Linthwaite, Lockwood (partial), Netherton, South Crosland, and Wellhouse (Lower & Upper)
Please note that this is a historic item and the may show typical signs of age, including small blemishes, creases, marks and stains. Wherever possible, obvious damage was sympathetically restored using Adobe Photoshop. Please examine the product images on this page carefully prior to ordering.
The original map was scanned at 600 dots per inch (DPI) and is slightly smaller than A2 paper size. The final full-sized image is 12,663 by 9,701 pixels.
Once purchased, you will have access to the following files to download:
- Acrobat PDF (57MB) 8 bit colour (600 DPI)
- JPEG image (67MB) 16 bit colour (full size)
- JPEG image (18MB) 16 bit colour (resized to 50%)
- JPEG image (5MB) 16 bit colour (resized to 25%)
All JPEG images were saved with 3% compression to ensure minimal loss of quality. The files are stored in a ZIP archive to ensure that they download without error.
If you wish to print it out, it is recommended that you use the PDF file and have it professionally printed onto a sheet of A2 paper to retain the dimensions of the original map.
The equivalent uncoloured map costs £10.20 to download as a JPEG file from the National Library of Scotland. The following maps are available to view or purchase on their web site and may be of interest to you:
The downloadable files are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) licence. You may make use of the downloaded files for any non-commercial purpose permitted by the licence, e.g.:
- You may print off an unlimited number of copies of the downloaded items, but you may not sell these or in any other way profit from them.
- You can upload any of the files to your own non-commercial web site and make them freely available but you must provide suitable attribution (e.g. a web link back to the Huddersfield Exposed web site home page).
Allowable non-commercial purposes include private use, display at a free exhibition, a personal web site that does not generate income, and educational use. Prohibited commercial uses include uploading to a commercial web site and inclusion in non-free publications (such as a published book).
By ordering this item, you are agreeing to the above licensing conditions. If you have any questions relating to allowable use, please email email@example.com before placing an order.
The following sample shows the quality and level of detail of the full-sized image.