A high-resolution downloadable scan of an undated photograph of Tom Sanderson of Holmfirth.
On the reverse of the photograph is a handwritten note: “Tom Sanderson and his Donkeys”. This is believed to be butcher and poultry dealer Tom Sanderson (1852-1919) who resided at Hill House, Cartworth.
The photograph was scanned at 2,400 dots per inch (DPI), giving a final image with dimensions of 12,557 by 8,023 pixels. Several minor blemishes were sympathetically restored using Adobe Photoshop.
Once purchased, you will have access to the following files to download:
- JPEG image (60MB) 16 bit colour (full size)
- JPEG image (14MB) 16 bit colour (resized to 50%)
- JPEG image (4MB) 16 bit colour (resized to 25%)
All JPEG images were saved with 3% compression to ensure minimal loss of quality. The files are stored in a ZIP archive to ensure that they download without error.
The downloadable files are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) licence. You may make use of the downloaded files for any non-commercial purpose permitted by the licence, e.g.:
- You may print off an unlimited number of copies of the downloaded items, but you may not sell these or in any other way profit from them.
- You can upload any of the files to your own non-commercial web site and make them freely available but you must provide suitable attribution (e.g. a web link back to the Huddersfield Exposed web site home page).
Allowable non-commercial purposes include private use, display at a free exhibition, a personal web site that does not generate income, and educational use. Prohibited commercial uses include uploading to a commercial web site and inclusion in non-free publications (such as a published book).
By ordering this item, you are agreeing to the above licensing conditions. If you have any questions relating to allowable use, please email email@example.com before placing an order.
The following sample shows the quality and level of detail of the full-sized image.